The Corda Club was formed six years ago and predominantly consists of parents of students playing football at the school. So far it has mainly been year 10, 11 and 12 students in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd XVIII’s but it is gradually being extended to students at all year levels.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CORDA CLUB
1. To foster an understanding of the origins of Australian Rules Football at Haileybury.
2. To support and assist the development of Australian Rules Football at Haileybury.
3. To promote Haileybury’s football program within the broader school community.
4. To raise funds for the provision of equipment and clothing for Haileybury football teams and squads.
5. To provide encouragement and excellence for Haileybury football players and officials.
6. To assist with Haileybury’s football development programs and camps.
7. To assist funding and facilities at Haileybury, which are related to the activity of Australian Rules Football.
8. To foster and encourage a close relationship between Haileybury and the Old Haileyburians’ Amateur Football Club.
In order to fulfill the objectives of The Corda Club, as outlined above, the Club is reliant upon the support of the Haileybury Community. We welcome you to attend any of our meetings, which are held at 7.30pm on the first Tuesday of every month ( February – September). Please come along and join us as you will find it quite rewarding.
To find out more contact Alan Steen – President of the Corda Club (for the 3rd year running) or Greg Chisholm of Old Haileybury Football Club on 0417 411 588.